BlitzKeep Unleashed v0.9.1 Live
Achievements, class balancing, improvements, fixes and tweaks all over the place
As BlitzKeep Unleashed gets closer and closer to release, we’re entering the final polish phase. Lots of quality of life improvements, balance changes, bug fixes and more. All known bugs are now fixed, which means you players reporting them is all the more important! Please use that button!
- Achievements added to Steam. For ones you’ve already accomplished, you will need to do them again (for example, to get the achievement for buying a spell, you need to buy another spell).
- Save slots added so you can play multiple saves at once.
- Added a new 25 gold award for clearing rooms
- Added a “waypoint reached” notification after advancing in a stage
- Major audit of classes:
- Coward now retreats from enemies instead of bouncing off, but has hella boosts.
- Drunk is a bit easier to control and boosts a bit more, otherwise improved slightly.
- Dwarf is totally different: he’s attracted to weapons, armor, potions, and gold, making it harder to control him but he picks them up more readily.
- Mercenary has boost powers again, and is attracted to gold, but is weakened overall compared to Knight (less boost, less swipe change speed, less shield size, etc).
- Monk no longer has bonus power, but has everything else strengthened (boost etc). He will be weaker than enemies a lot of the time now, but can use boosts to clear them.
- Mystic spawns more underlings now and can also boost, but is weaker overall.
- Necromancer has a higher chance to spawn skeletons and can also boost, but is weaker overall.
- Ninja is nerfed a bit: slower, less boost.
- Paladin is totally different: instead of stopping the clock, she has a second shield behind her.
- Piledriver got a major change: he has the acceleration movement and earthquake abilities the Dwarf used to have, but they’re more extreme and more powerful the faster he goes.
- Scout is given slightly more boost.
- Sorcerer now attracts to spell scrolls, and can boost, but is weaker overall.
- Wizard now always dies to enemies but is at a normal power level, so his spells are normally powerful. He also has much more buffed fireballs (they kill all enemies), but is no longer invincible at waypoints mid-level.
- Rogue also always dies to enemies and has a normal power level, and is no longer invincible at waypoints mid-level.
- Made Verdantopia harder
- Decreased gameplay area at edges for certain TVs and monitors
- Added 2x versions of enemy sprites so they’re not low res (but some still must be updated)
- Improved the motion detectors in Impopolis by adding a “don’t walk” decal and adjusted their positioning
- Zoomed the game in slightly on wide aspect ratios
- Updated the BlitzMage and the won cutscenes to look better
- Improved the lighting around the player in the darkness – they now disappear into the black (rendered underneath it) and don’t create light when they explode
- The aimer now appears on top of the darkness
- BlitzMage projectile hitboxes were greatly reduced, they were frustratingly large
- Added more stop waypoints to the Puddland levels
- When teleporting between levels in the Blitz Keep, the player now shrinks to look like they’re disappearing
- Increased the length of the level popups the first time you see them
- Added shadows into the spell scrolls
- Greatly increased ease of using the lightbeam in Mausolia 1, every class should now be able to play that level
- Fixed bug where the shop opened with a generic Knight description and 8888
- Fixed bug where some bosses had different invincibility timing on each limb
- Fixed enter button missing from level select
- Fixed issue where the life gem in Verdantopia still appears with 4 clones in the miniboss rooms
- The bottom wall now correctly overlaps characters who walk up to it (obeying perspective)
- Enemies, spell scrolls, potions, etc should all obey the same Z-sorting rules so that they also obey perspective
- Lighting for the player revive was fixed
- Fixed issue where you couldn’t buy anything in the shop
- Fixed bug where, after dying with an unusual explosion (like fire) and then being revived, your next death showed the same (incorrect) explosion.
- When first entering a boss room, the invincibility shield is now properly shown
- Fixed bug where the options menu appeared under some of the gameplay UI
- Fixed bug where the level select stage zoom-in wouldn’t remember your previous choice, always selecting the last unlocked level
- Fixed color artifacts on top of some of the exit stairways
- Fixed bug where the Ninja couldn’t actually pick up the lightbeam spell in Mausolia 1