BlitzKeep Unleashed v0.8.5 Live
This is the most major update we've done since going to Early Access. We took a lot of complaints and issues you all had and took major steps to improve them.
The BlitzKeep Unleashed v0.8.5 update is live! Get it while it’s hot.
This is the most major update we’ve done since going to Early Access. We took a lot of complaints and issues you all had and took major steps to improve them.
New Askar Bridge
This was a major change. We completely threw out the scrolling level, the Askar Bridge, since lots of users had trouble with it and it wasn’t really anything like the core of what makes BlitzKeep BlitzKeep. The new version of the level is much more like a traditional level, except a few unique changes:
- The level has no minimap.
- It’s very very long, with no offshoot rooms or turns (perfectly linear).
- Wind blows throughout the level, at various frequencies. If you’re moving around while the wind is blowing, then you will get blown with it. In some of the rooms, there are laser beams near the walls, so you have to be careful (use that Stop ability you learned in Impopolis)!
- The Owlish Overlord has been redone from scratch. Now she stands towards the top of the level and throws barrels that you must dodge. Meanwhile, you can shoot barrels back at her with careful aim.
New Verdantopia Bosses
The minibosses in Verdantopia were definitely very rough. They’ve been completely redone, and should be a real challenge now. The final boss has been majorly tweaked visually so that it’s much easier to tell what’s happening in the battle.
Major Balance Pass
The entire game has been rebalanced. The difficulty curve should be a little more gradual now.
Major Art Improvements
- New laser beams
- New Skull tracker in Mausolia
- New ghost sprite in the death screen
- Special room cleanup / prettifying throughout
- Better loading screen on level win
- Prettier giant frogs
- Animation improvements to most bosses
- New safe zone graphic
Other fixes and improvements
- Poor quality special rooms removed from Verdantopia
- Typo fixes
- Bug fix where you had to hit crates multiple times
- Improved many tutorials throughout the game
- Redid the multi-gem tutorial in Verdantopia
- Added gold to the Abyss
- Slowed down the Tank slightly
As always, please use that feedback button to report bugs or comments! We’re still hard at work getting this game to 1.0, so expect bugs and other issues. If you tell us what you think, we can fix it that much faster!